Friday, February 14, 2014

I could hardly wait to do the faces on my girls. I had such visions of what they would look like. I dreamed of breezing through their face-ups in a couple of hours and - VOILA - my beautiful girls would stand before me, in the flesh - er, plastic - all done in all of their glory! Wrong! I have put on faces, taken off faces, sanded, re-sanded, carved, re-sanded. This project is more of a challenge than I envisioned. I think of gifted Winamac sculptor Casey Eskridge and his genius creations and I wonder why I can't even finish an already created doll face. Well, I have not given up. I think I will just have to be a little less of a perfectionist and live with the fact that I am not even close to a sculptor and not even much of a make up artist! But these little girls WILL have faces and just like our human faces, they will be imperfect. Stay tuned! PS Several people have asked what happened to my past posts. I deleted them - at least most of them. I am not sure if it was a good or bad decision but there you have it!