Friday, June 26, 2009

In Memory of Dave Kiefer


6/19/09 - Sad News: Loss of Friend and Actor

"We have some very sad news to report. Our dear friend and actor Dave Kiefer who plays Professor Mumblemore passed away unexpectedly on Thursday. A kind and funny man, he will be sorely missed by all. We will be dedicating the film in his memory. Like Dumbledore, I hope he is happy and enjoying his "next great adventure." Please keep his wife and family in your prayers."

I am pasting the above notice here to announce the passing of my grandchildren's paternal grandpa, Dave Kiefer. He was quite a character and appeared in several films and plays. His death was so sudden - one day he was fine and the next day he was gone. I just want to take this opportunity to remind everyone not to take those close to you for granted. Every precious hug I give my grandkids just seems that much more urgent.

Rest in peace, Dave.